The primary objective of Fit League is to encourage and measure improvement in player fitness, through a series of monthly matches, over a 12-month season.
Players benefit at many levels beyond the positivity of fitness improvement. The camaraderie of team training; the motivation of group matches; the competition between venues and the sharing of achievements across the Fit League community, all add to the Fit League experience.
Fit League caters for all ages, fitness levels and abilities, emphasising personal improvement, either individually or as part of a mixed gender, paired team. Teams and individuals, regardless of geographical location, can compete in Fit League through a locally registered Coach.
Disciplines & Courses
Each season, the Fit League committee agree the 10 disciplines to be used for that season. Monthly courses of 6 disciplines are configured, bearing in mind the muscle/joint groups used by each discipline. All players complete the 6 disciplines in the same order.
Matches last 28 minutes per person, with each player completing the 6 disciplines in the given course order. Performance of each discipline is measured over 3 minutes, with 2 minutes rest before starting the next discipline. A match judge ensures accurate timing and correct technique, while opposing teams count reps per discipline. A match can consist of one team (rare), two teams (usual) or groups of up to 6 teams (great atmosphere).
Match results are published via a smart phone/tablet/PC app, against a variety of measurements:
- Performance Ranking: Male, female and team ranking of performance per discipline, and overall across all 6 disciplines of the monthly course;
- Improvement Ranking: Male, female and team ranking of improvement per discipline, and overall across all 6 disciplines of the monthly course;
- Fit League Ranking: Combines Performance and Improvement rankings, giving overall best male, female and team of the month and season to date;
- My Fit League: A personalised view of the detail behind your own performance and improvement to date;
- Discipline Ranking: Male, female and team ranking of performance / improvement per discipline, year to date across all 10 disciplines.
- Records: Holders of the season to date, and previous seasons', record performances per discipline.
Achievements and Awards
In addition to recognising monthly achievements, a season to date ranking, based on your best 8 performance results and best 8 improvement results from January to November, is accumulated and displayed in the app throughout the season. Your December performance and improvement results are added to this to give you result for the season. At the end of the season, after Final's Day, an awards dinner is held to celebrate the season’s achievements and present awards to individuals and teams as follows:
- Performance Ranking - Cup for top team. Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed male, female and team players.
- Improvement Ranking- Cup for top team. Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed male, female and team players.
- Fit League Ranking - Cup for top team. Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed male, female and team players.
- Discipline Ranking - Certificates for top placed male, female and team players in each discipline in performance and improvement categories.
- Knockout rowing cup.
- Captain of the year cup.